- Course info
- Student Portal
Human resources (people) play an integral role in modern businesses, spread across the private, public and non-profit sectors. Our fascinating Human Resources (HR) course focuses on equipping students and aspiring HR professionals with the knowledge and understanding to look after and manage those resources.
The Level 3 Human Resources course results on successful completion, in an Endorsed Qualification awarded under Focus Awards’ FQP (Focus on Quality Provision) Scheme.
This course is perfect for both HR professionals interested in advancing their careers and individuals seeking a new career. Focussing on recruitment, selection, training and assessment, it also covers such ‘routine’ administrative issues as legally creating and maintaining records, defining and monitoring acceptable employee Internet use, and much more.
You gain the essential skills and knowledge required to become an effective Human Resources or Personnel Manager, along with key skills that will make you an effective leader.
Spread over several diverse and highly practical units, this Human Resources course equips students with the key skills expected from today’s HR professionals.
Starting with the basics, our comprehensive course looks at the concepts and legalities of the recruitment process, clearly explaining applicable legislation. It also gives insight into performance management; teaching students how to record, monitor, and accurately review the performance of others. Covering key areas such as payroll administration, training needs and more give you a solid grounding in the multiple facets and disciplines of HR.
In the final stages of the course, you learn how to coach and mentor staff, ensure they are fully prepared to implement structured HR plans, and fully consider the implications of relevant aspects of employment law while making HR decisions.
We’ve designed this Human Resources course to be as accessible as possible, to help students gain new opportunities and career prospects. Thus, it has no set entry requirements.
To enrol, you just need to have an interest in this thought-provoking subject and the drive to succeed. You receive a comprehensive study guide to ease into the course, and your personal tutor is on hand to offer guidance.
Don’t hesitate a moment longer. Enrol on this fantastic course today…
Recruitment and Selection
1. Overview – The Recruitment Process
2. Defining the Vacancy
3. The Power of Advertising
4. The Use of Agencies
5. Targeted Selection –
Competency based Interviewing
6. Selection and Making an Offer
7. The Importance of Diversity
8. The Induction of New Staff
Human Resources Legislation
1. Employers rights and obligations
2. Employees rights and obligations
1. Managing Employee Relations
2. Staff Motivation
4. Dealing with Conflict
5. Grievance Procedure
6. Disciplinary Procedure
1. Monitoring & Recording Performance
2. Performance Agreement
3. Performance Plan
4. Monitor and Review
5. Performance Review
Records & Systems
1. Importance of Keeping Records
2. How and When to Store Information
3. Data Protection Act 1998
4. Email and use of the Internet within Personnel
1. Understanding the Payroll Function
2. Paying an Employee
4. Pay Statements
Training and Development
1. Identifying Training Needs
2. Choosing External Training
3. Planning the Training
4. Preparing the Training
5. Delivering the Training
6. Evaluating the Training
1. The aims of team building
2.Organisation and planning
3. How to get the most out of a team
4. A successful team building structure
5. Taking team building into the office
6. Further information on team building
Coaching & Mentoring Staff
1. Understanding Coaching
2. When to Coach
3. Providing Feedback
4. Setting Objectives
5. When to Intervene
6. Review & Learn from the Experience
7. Common Problems
1. Role & Responsibilities In Mentoring
2. Identify Individual Mentoring Needs
3. Effective Mentoring Relationships
4. Review Progress
5. Evaluating Effectiveness of Own Practice
£35 deposit: remaining balance at the end of the month
Enrol for £35 deposit and remaining balance at the end of the month. Pay your deposit today get your course tomorrow!
Reduced fee of £269
£269 – all inclusive
Pay by 3 monthly instalments of £269 (approx)
£89 deposit followed by £89 for the next two months
The college accepts payment using the following methods:
Credit/Debit Card, Cheque, Postal Order and Invoice.
It is simple and safe to enrol online. Select one of the payment terms above and you will be taken to a secure sever to enter your details.
Once the enrolment process has been completed you will receive your introductory pack and login details to access your course textbooks, your tutor profile and their contact details.
We look forward to welcoming you as a student of the college and feel sure you will enjoy studying with us.
Key points for this course:
- This is a fully supported home study course supported by your own tutor
- Your enrolment fee covers absolutely everything – there will be nothing more to pay after you have enrolled, there are no hidden fees
- You have 12 months to complete your course
- You may enrol at any time of the year
- Access available within 24 hours
Money Back Guarantee
If you are not happy with your course simply return it within 14 days and we will refund your fees in full.
All students enrolled on a course with Cambridge Open College receive access to our online student community (I Learn It Easy) where you can submit your work, contact your tutor, and interact with other students. We have prepared a short video below to highlight the benefits to you.