- Course info
- Student Portal
ENDORSED QUALIFICATION AT LEVEL 3
Do you have a passion for working with kids? With accreditation through the Focus Awards Focus on Quality Provision (FQP), the Childcare Learning and Development course is particularly well suited to those seeking to progress in the childcare industry or start a new career in it.
Furthermore, as a student on the Childcare Learning and Development course, you will receive a fantastic range of FREE tools and support to help you advance your future opportunities.
The Childcare Learning and Development course covers 9 exciting and diverse units, which you will find detailed by clicking the ‘Modules’ tab above. Specifically tailored to equip students with a robust understanding of childrens’ needs, the course is ideal for either professionals seeking to advance, or newcomers to the childcare industry seeking a new career.
The course begins by focusing on child development, exploring in detail the various needs of children, including physical needs, nutritional needs and the benefits of adequate rest and sleep. And, equally importantly- you’ll explore the psychological needs of children- love, attention, security, positive reinforcement and education.
You’ll then move on to fascinating and valuable units on behaviour management, child abuse and the legal framework, as well as your roles and responsibilities as a care provider. The later modules will even contain invaluable information on the various agencies and legislative frameworks that are in place to protect children, and how to protect yourself from allegations and deliver professional childcare within the parameters of the legal system at all times.
The Childcare Learning and Development course has no set requirements, and is open to people from all walks of life. If you have an interest in this area and have a decent standard of education behind you, we welcome your application. The course is made to be accessible to anyone, and we will supply a study guide to all new students. Your personal tutor will also be available, should you need any guidance or help.
1. Understand Child and Young Person Development.
2. Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People.
3. Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety.
4. Working Together for the Benefit of Children and Young People
5. Understand How to Support Positive Outcomes for Children and Young People.
6. Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
7. Context and principles for early years provision.
8. Promote children’s welfare and well being in the early years.
9. Professional practice in early years settings.
10. Engage parents in their children’s early learning
11. Support children and young people to achieve their learning potential
12. Promote young children’s physical activity and movement skills.
£35 deposit: remaining balance at the end of the month
Enrol for £35 deposit and remaining balance at the end of the month. Pay your deposit today get your course tomorrow!
Reduced fee of £229
£229 – all inclusive
Pay by 3 monthly instalments of £229 (approx)
£76 deposit followed by £76 for the next two months
The college accepts payment using the following methods:
Credit/Debit Card, Cheque, Postal Order and Invoice.
It is simple and safe to enrol online. Select one of the payment terms above and you will be taken to a secure sever to enter your details.
Once the enrolment process has been completed you will receive your introductory pack and login details to access your course textbooks, your tutor profile and their contact details.
We look forward to welcoming you as a student of the college and feel sure you will enjoy studying with us.
Key points for this course:
- This is a fully supported home study course supported by your own tutor
- Your enrolment fee covers absolutely everything – there will be nothing more to pay after you have enrolled, there are no hidden fees
- You have 12 months to complete your course
- You may enrol at any time of the year
- Access available within 24 hours
Money Back Guarantee
If you are not happy with your course simply return it within 14 days and we will refund your fees in full.
All students enrolled on a course with Cambridge Open College receive access to our online student community (I Learn It Easy) where you can submit your work, contact your tutor, and interact with other students. We have prepared a short video below to highlight the benefits to you.